Top 5 Dark Wood Floors for 2022
If you’re considering new flooring, you’ll want to choose a long-lasting floor that can suit every décor and add value to the home. Chance are, you already know this, and you already recognize that hardwood flooring meets all of those conditions.
Even if you are not currently looking for new flooring, it’s good to know what options are available. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find a hot new wood floor for 2022 that you just can’t live without.
In this post, we will discuss the top five dark wood floors for 2022 so that you can gain inspiration for a flooring project or the floors you’ll want in the home of your dreams.
Why You Should Consider Hardwood Floors
Here’s a comprehensive list of why you should consider hardwood for your next flooring project:
- Hardwood flooring is made from natural products and offers beautiful, natural variations, with no repeated patterns like the ones found in faux wood flooring.
- Hardwood flooring is warm underfoot.
- Hardwood flooring works and looks great in large rooms and homes with open floor plans.
- Hardwood flooring offers design flexibility, suiting both traditional décors and modern designs.
- Hardwood flooring is resilient and resistant to everyday wear.
- Hardwood flooring can add significant value to a home.
- Hardwood flooring is both pet-friendly and child-friendly.
Which Décor Styles Go Best With Dark Wood Floors?
Dark hardwood flooring suits practically any style but is most associated with more traditional or rustic home themes. Dark hardwood floors also work exceptionally well with more modern designs, mainly white walls, and light-colored furniture. The key is to avoid disguising your dark wood flooring but rather to let it accentuate a room and to provide contrast.
If you are having trouble deciding what will pair best with your dark hardwood flooring, consider the following furnishing and fixtures:
- White walls: Whether you choose wallpaper, tile, or paint, white walls work well with dark hardwood floors.
- Light-colored wood furniture: This includes using mixed wood or reclaimed wood pieces.
- Soft, bright-colored furnishings: Bright bedding, curtains, rugs, and cushions look great when paired with dark hardwood floors.
- Marble: Marble countertops in the kitchen and bathroom pair nicely with dark hardwood floors.
- Textured furnishings: Leather chairs and faux fur rugs are a dark hardwood floor’s best friend.
- Bronze elements: You can pull in some bronze accents through mirror and picture frames, hardware, and other bronze items.
- Light and fluffy rugs: Light and fluffy rugs will bring an added warmth to the look of your dark hardwood floors.
- White accents: White baseboards, door frames, and window frames look fantastic in rooms with dark hardwood floors.
- Potted plants: House plants, both leafy and flowering, are always fantastic, but they are even better when paired with dark hardwood floors.
The Top Dark Wood Floors in 2022
As promised, we’ve compiled the following list of the top five dark wood floors for 2022, and they are as follows:
Mahogany Wood Flooring
Mahogany offers a classic look. It is a chocolate-colored dark wood used throughout the United States to make various products, including musical instruments, boats, and furniture. Mahogany is water-resistant, which means that it has less chance of floor damage from staining and warping, offering increased longevity. However, Mahogany wood flooring tends to be somewhat expensive, so it may not fit everyone’s budget.
Cherry Wood Flooring
When used as wood flooring, Cherry hardwood gives a gorgeous yet subtle hue of red to each room it graces, thus bringing a warmer, more inviting atmosphere. Be aware that cherry hardwood flooring is notoriously challenging. Additional labor associated with installing cherry hardwood floors makes it an expensive choice. Also, it is essential to note that cherry wood scratches quite quickly, so it may need refinishing or replacement more often when compared to others outlined here.
Brazilian Cherry Wood Flooring
If you love the rich colors that cherry hardwood offers but are looking for a more durable, long-lasting option, consider Brazilian Cherry. This wood is significantly stronger than the traditional Cherry hardwood, so it should not need refinishing or replacing as often. The obvious downside to installing Brazillian Cherry wood floors is that it is also challenging to install, like its counterpart. The labor associated with its installation could drive up the cost of this South American hardwood.
European Walnut Wood Flooring
European walnut has a light chocolate color that provides a rich design base for any décor, bringing warmth and comfort to the home. It is an incredibly durable dark hardwood that can usually withstand the wear and tear of a lifetime of use inside one’s home. European walnut tends to be on the more expensive side of hardwoods, mainly because of shipping costs.
Oak Wood Flooring
Oak is perhaps the most common type of wood flooring used in the U.S., primarily because of its wide availability, durability, and natural beauty. Oak flooring is resistant to many types of hardwood floor dents and scratches. That makes it the best choice for anyone with pets or kids. Oak brings incredible value to a home because it is the hardwood floor that is most popular among home buyers.
We hope you have found this list of the top dark wood floors helpful. Although those are the top five dark wood floors for 2022, there are several other popular dark wood floor species on the market, including Java Strand Bamboo, Rosewood, Red Oak, Lyptus, Hickory, and Ash. When you know what type of dark wood floor you are interested in, look to Artisan Wood Floors for hardwood floor installation in Philadelphia and beyond! Call (215) 515-7355 and ask for Steve!